Within Fantasia we see a ballerina Ostrich dancing to the tune of Dance of the Hours, so what better to use the meat on a bed of beautiful vegetables.
Teriyaki Chicken Man
Ready In:30 mins
Toy Story 2 is Pixar’s third film and the first sequel to their first film Toy Story. Toy Story 2 was released in theatres on November 24, 1999, and directed by John Lasseter. The film takes place about a few years after the first film. The film introduced an array of new characters.
Lasseter’s intention with a sequel was to respect the original film and create that world again. The story originated with him wondering what a toy would find upsetting, how a toy would feel if it were not played with by a child or, worse, a child growing out of a toy. Brannon suggested the idea of a yard sale where the collector recognises Woody as a rare artefact. The obsessive toy collector named Al McWhiggin, who had appeared in a draft of Toy Story but was later expunged, was inserted into the film. Lasseter claimed that Al was inspired by himself.
3 Chicken Breasts (cut into strips)
2 Noodle Portions
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar (or Apple Cider Vinegar)
1 tbsp Mirin (optional)
1 Garlic Clove (minced)
2 Spring Onions (sliced, to garnish)
150g Tenderstem Broccoli (steamed)
Albert “Al” McWhiggin, also known as the Chicken Man, is the secondary antagonist of Toy Story 2. He is a greedy toy collector who planned to sell Woody, Bullseye, Jessie and Stinky Pete to Japan in order to become rich.
Rex: “It’s the chicken man!”
Buzz: “That’s our guy.”
Hamm: “I knew there was something I didn’t like about that chicken.”
— Buzz Lightyear, Rex and Hamm, after Etch draws Al in a chicken suit
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir fry the chicken until lightly browned and crisp. Meanwhile cook the noodles according to pack instructions.
Step 2In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and mirin and set aside.
Step 3Add the garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant. Pour in the sauce, stirring for 3 minutes until the sauce becomes a glaze.
Step 4Add in the broccoli and noodles and stir again. Serve in bowls with spring onions on top.
Teriyaki Chicken Man
- 3 Chicken Breasts cut into strips
- 2 Noodle Portions
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Mirin optional
- 1 Garlie Clove minced
- 2 Spring Onions sliced, to garnish
- 150 g Tenderstem Broccoli steamed
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir fry the chicken until lightly browned and crisp. Meanwhile cook the noodles according to pack instructions.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and mirin and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant. Pour in the sauce, stirring for 3 minutes until the sauce becomes a glaze.
- Add in the broccoli and noodles and stir again. Serve in bowls with spring onions on top.
Sources and Inspiration: